ISES Live was held in Seattle this year and we were there beginning with the leadership education on Sunday and Monday. Below are some photos from our experience but we were mostly there for the education and to network and share. Success stories and challenges were shared, and there were a lot of the usual event technologies on display. I really like tagboard for how they display tweets similar to visible tweets.
- Interactivity drives real life interaction, so share; but face-to-face is still key to cementing relationships!
- For leaders: Set the direction and vision, and then get out of the way!
- “Be brave & do the things you don’t wanna do. They’ll be the most rewarding”
- @BillStainton “When you spread the spotlight, everything gets brighter” – this includes sharing the credit!
- @NigelCollin: take a “yes, and” attitude, not a “yes, but” one…
- @PatrickTalty: Focus and Culture are two of the most important facets to creative leadership
- Rod Mar reminded us of the importance of great imagery – hire a pro photographer 🙂
- Jim Pelley‘s presentation on Education is the new Marketing:
- 80% of what you post should be about external stuff – your industry, partners, etc. only 20% about yourself