There’s no doubt that content marketing for your company can be extremely time-consuming and labor intensive. Creating social media posts, blog entries, and email templates will drain up a lot of your energy over time, especially if you want it to be well-researched and effective. So what if there was a way to make this a lot easier without having to reinvent the wheel every time? It turns out repurposing content does exactly what you’re looking for and can give you the highest level of return.
What is Repurposing Content?
Repurposing is identifying valuable existing brand assets and reusing them intelligently to create new media for audiences to consume. It stretches the usability of the content and allows you to be creative with it to produce different pieces, including blog posts, ebooks, guides, infographics, guest posts, social media posts, and more.
This can shrink workloads, promote consistency and help you get every drop of value from your creative investments. In terms of digital assets, repurposing is all about adapting images, videos, and other media for use in different channels, promotions, and campaigns.
Benefits of Repurposing Content
- Build your brand image and authority – improves brand consistency across multiple platforms
- Educate others about your company
- Get more assets out of old content just sitting there – maximizes content ROI
- Reach new audiences
- Relive good company memories
- Increase your content production and content marketing
- Increase content supply so you can produce more content and at a faster pace
What You Can Create With Old Assets
- Slideshow/album of images from an event
- Social media clips using segments of a highlight reel or interview
- Case studies and blogs around the subject matter of content
- Turn a library of interviews into a summit
- Adapting content and publish into new channels such as emails
- Turn a series of blog posts into a PDF guide
- Create a Pinterest board to increase your reach
- Republish content on your website or third-party website
As Orange is now positioned as a consulting service, we have the tools to take your old assets that are just sitting around and crafting new media that engages current and new audiences, with new ways to show what your company can do.
While COVID-19 continues to suspend the event industry, we see a silver lining in the opportunity to provide this new service for all who are looking to leverage their existing content. If you’re interested in discussing options and discovering more, take a look into how we repurposed the media we captured from WWF’s Global Climate Action Summit to advance their messaging with new stories!